In simple terms, Google My Business/Google Business Profile (GMB or GBP) reviews are star ratings and written feedback left by customers based on their experience with your business. For example, someone who had a great experience at your restaurant could leave a 5-star review describing what they enjoyed.
Prefer to listen to this article?
Reviews may also include pictures taken by customers which also boost your ranking and visibility.
These reviews serve multiple purposes:
- They give potential new customers authentic insight into your business to help them decide whether to visit/purchase. People really value other consumers’ experiences.
- Google factors reviews into your overall GMB/GBP ranking. More positive reviews will actually help your listing appear higher in local search results and maps.
- Reviews make your GMB/GBP listing appear trustworthy and established. Research shows over 80% of people read online reviews before visiting or buying from small businesses.
- The review stars contribute to your overall Google rating used on the local search map pack and knowledge panel. A higher rating stands out.
- Responding to reviews – positive and negative – shows customers you value feedback. This helps improve sentiment toward your brand.
While you can’t force customers to leave reviews, you can gently encourage happy clients to provide their feedback. Simple tactics like asking at checkout or sending email reminders help.
Focus on delivering amazing customer service, and the reviews will come naturally after! Let us know if you need any other tips for effectively managing your GMB listing – getting reviews is one important piece of the puzzle.
We will be offering this service soon in English for the UK, USA and other countries.
We never offer negative reviews.